With the current dominance of Urban artists and music in general within the charts, it is safe to say that the scene is being recognized, regardless of who or how, the fact that so many artists are able to crossover into mainstream status and be considered household names is a big accomplishment for an ever-growing industry.
So no greater way to celebrate such an achievement than with a track like this.
As Tinchy Stryder prepares to release his new album Third Strike, he brings us this monstrous anthem, featuring a plethora of talent, the best thing about this line-up is its range of diversity.
1. Giggs, the elite rapper kicks it off with his distinct raw style & sound, cementing his authority on the track as well as the industry (despite their efforts to restrict his movement),
2. Pro Green, the quirky wordsmith is finally reaping rewards for all his hard work and takes this in his stride with a cocky yet clever lyrical combination,
3. Tinie Tempah, the two-time number 1 star is on a successful role and his delivery on this is a testament to his growth from chart newcomer to a resident member of that premier section of artists.
4. Devlin has made a huge impact in the scene, having been a dominant name within the Grime scene for years, the youngster makes the leap into chart status and he does not hold back on this, definitely one of the better verses.
5. Example, this verse was a complete surprise to many, he deserves his place but he really takes this opportunity and puts it in a headlock, merging a new and old school style with his own delivery, it strangely reminds me of Roots Manuva at times, it is without doubt a really good effort.
6. Chipmunk, i think everybody expected more from the young mainstream phenom, however it a bad verse, its cocky, confident and raw, reminds me of Dubz at one point, which can’t be a bad thing. Munk’s offering definitely takes time to grow in comparison to the others but good none the less.
7. Tinchy Stryder, Cloud 9 Strydes steps up to platform and truly delivers, considered my most as one of the best verses we have heard from him in a while, he definitely switches the level for this one and stamps his mark within the game.
Together, these seven artists really take a stand for the scene, showing variety as well as unity among artists in every tier of the charts.
Here is the Mobo performance:
To me this appeared like the TV series Heroes, at one point you have each artist on one stage with their own “power”, an immense occasion in the scene’s history.
Bonus: there is no way i could leave this out..
Sway really delivering something spectacular as he promotes his new mixtape The Delivery 2
Giggs – Hustle On OUT NOW!
Devlin – Runaway OUT NOW!
Since the release of the Flight Of The Navigator, Bigz has found himself in new heights as far as his credibility, FOTN was justification that the rapper deserved all the praise he receives (if not more).
Continuing on that success, his “royal flyness” brings you, STARMAN (EP).
10 solid tracks to further cement his place among the best.
An emphatic intro to the EP, Starman has Bigz displaying the wordplay and flow with variety, switching up the flow beyond expectations as the verses progress, definitely a stand out on the project.
I JUST WANT THE PAPER:
This track has been receiving a lot of love from the listeners, the kind of beat that you cannot help but nod your head along to (or even get up and 2-step), with the Flygerian leader back on his fly talk, using an aptly chosen Biggie sample, this track creates a certain vibe that only the flyest will feel.
SLEEPING SATELLITES ft. WRETCH32 & SWAY:
Another stand out track, Sleeping Satellites is where Bigz holds his own against two of the best rappers in the country, on a deeper and more personal tone, the three artists add a contrast with their unique styles.
This track adds diversity and allows Bigz to show his ability via a different retrospective.
STARMAN is quite the offering as it is a FREE download, featuring G-FrSH, Wretch32, Sway, Selah, Baby Blue & more, consider this a Thank You for all the support he has been getting of late. Many people can argue all they want..but when it comes to ability and craft in regards to music, Bigz is one of the best.
Download, press play and SWOOSH!
With the first two cyphers being a proven success, bringing together a nexus of talent, we now bring you Cypher 3, featuring the previously reviewed Dream Mclean (I told you he was one to watch!), Random Impulse, Griminal and Lioness.
I’ll forever cosign Dream Mclean as he is a raw talent with lyrical ability, flow plus a voice with a presence, more so he is himself and always trying to improve, which in my opinion are traits of a quality artist in this field. Random Impulse really took this opportunity to shine, with his charisma fuelled wordplay, definitely throwing a few standout bars, setting up Griminal, an artist who needs no introduction, he has been a prominent name within the scene for many years and we’re still far from seeing the best from him, potential is high as he spazzes out. Last but not least, Lioness represents for the strong minded ladies, proving some of the best emcees are not just males, controlling the tempo with added confidence, she rounds off yet another impressive cypher.
Dot Rotten kicked it off flawlessly, portraying his mind through lyrics effortlessly,
Calibar, one of the most underrated rappers in the UK, made no mistakes with this effort, balancing reality and his style with a smooth delivery,
Black The Ripper, considered by many a “potential legend in the game”, delivers another reality check with the upmost of confidence.
Mz Bratt took a stride over a lot of the male emcees with this cypher, personally i expected it, this leading lady spun a few heads with the content easily.
What i like about this cypher is that i don’t believe this was anybody’s best, but then i know their potentials, but without a doubt a great effort from each artist.
UK Stand Up!
No Hats No Trainers brings a collective of artists together for a series of Cyphers, this is the 1st in the instalment, featuring veteran rap duo SAS (Mayhem & Mega), a long with lyrical geniuses Mystrogen and Wretch32, “spitting” over the ‘Kanye West – Power’ instrumental, each artist brings a powerful presence to the set.
UK STAND UP!